This is my new favorite way to make cannabutter! You don’t have to worry about burning it on the stove, and there’s no messy water to deal with. Whenever you make a new batch of butter, don’t forget to try 1/4 teaspoon to determine your best dosage!
How to Make Cannabis Butter in the Oven
- 1/2 pound butter unsalted
- 1/2 ounce cannabis decarboxylated
- Preheat oven to 225 F.
- Combine ingredients into an oven-safe dish. I like to use a square or rectangular pan because the corners make an easy pour spout.
- Once the butter has completely melted, about 30 minutes, stir to make sure all of the cannabis is submerged in the butter.
- Cook 4-5 hours, stirring once an hour.
- Strain using a double-layered piece of cheesecloth over a fine-mesh sieve.
- Press down using a silicone spatula, or use your hands to squeeze out at much butter as possible.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.