I love ice cream. Love love love it. It’s probably my favorite kind of dessert, which is saying a lot. Of course, I couldn’t let National Chocolate Ice Cream day pass by without celebrating. This recipe is amazing because it doesn’t require cooking anything like a traditional ice cream recipe with eggs, and it doesn’t require an ice cream maker. Just whip it up (literally) and shove it in the freezer!
No Churn Cannabis Infused Ice Cream
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cannabis infused heavy whipping cream
- To make cannabis infused cream, combine cream and decarboxylated cannabis in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring frequently to prevent the bottom from scorching. Strain and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- To make the ice cream, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a chilled bowl, whip the cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form.
- Fold about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture with a rubber spatula until combined, then fold the mixture back into the whipped cream until well blended.
- Pour into an airtight container and freeze until solid, about 3 hours.