I love a good lemon dessert, especially the lemon loaves that they sell at Starbucks. Today, we’re putting our Life Above the Clouds spin on it and infusing it with cannabis!
Cannabis Lemon Loaf
- Miniature loaf pan
For the cake:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cannabis butter melted
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease or spray your loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt until there are no more lumps. Set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, melted butters, and Greek yogurt. Once it's well combined, add the eggs and lemon zest.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and divide the batter evenly among your loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.
For the lemon glaze
- Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Drizzle on the hot loaves.