I was a little nervous because these cookies were my first attempt at gluten-free baking, but they turned out great! The texture is soft and a little crumbly, and the honey adds just the right amount of sweetness. Honestly, they taste just like regular cookies, and believe me, I’ve had my fair share of gross “healthy” cookies.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baking sheet
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon cannabis coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together coconut flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and mix until combined. It may seem a little loose at first but the dough will begin to thicken as the coconut flour soaks up the liquid. Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
- Scoop dough and press into a cookie shape with your fingers.
- Place cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a baking rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Store cookies in an air-tight container at room temp or in the refrigerator.