I made these cupcakes for New Year’s Eve, but they’d actually be great for any occasion! I might actually make them again for Valentine’s Day. I also VERY RARELY drink, but if I do, I would choose moscato, mostly because it tastes like fruit juice. These cupcakes won’t be boozy because the alcohol cooks off, so no worries there!
Cannabis Pink Moscato Cupcakes
- Muffin tin
- Stand or hand mixer
For the cupcakes
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6½ tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1½ tablespoons cannabis butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pink moscato
For the frosting
- 1 cup pink moscato
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract just until combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together 1/2 cup pink moscato and 1/2 cup Greek yogurt.
- With the mixer on low, alternate adding the flour mixture and moscato mixture. Then, mix until batter is smooth.
- Fill baking cups about 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven, transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack, and allow them to cool to room temperature before frosting.
For the frosting
- Simmer 1 cup of pink moscato over medium heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the cream cheese and softened butter together until well combined and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract. Then, add the powdered sugar and reduced moscato together. Mix well.
- Frost the cupcakes and decorate if desired.