Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. Wayyyy better than peanut butter and jelly, which is also pretty darn good. Making your own peanut butter cups is really easy (albeit a tiny bit messy), and you only need a few simple ingredients. However, you might wonder why you went through all that trouble making them after you eat 4 in 1 sitting and think it probably would have been easier to just eat the melted chocolate and peanut butter with a spoon…
Cannabis Peanut Butter Cups
- Muffin tin
- Hand mixer
- 16 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon cannabis butter softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin or 2 mini muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Distribute the melted chocolate into the lined muffin tins using about 1/2 tablespoon for mini cups or 1 tablespoon for regular cups. Using a pastry brush, gently paint the chocolate up the sides of the liners. This step is totally optional if you don’t mind the layer of peanut butter showing. Drop the pan repeatedly on the counter to smooth out the layer of chocolate, and place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the peanut butter, cannabis butter, and powdered sugar until the mixture is smooth. Place a small amount of peanut butter mixture into each cup, a scant tablespoon for regular cups and 1 teaspoon for mini cups. Drop the pan on the counter again, to flatten the peanut butter layer and place back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remelt the chocolate and scoop small spoonfuls of chocolate into the cups, to cover the peanut butter, using your spoon or dropping the pan on the counter to smooth out the top. Place the peanut butter cups back in the freezer for 15 minutes to set the top layer of chocolate.