When I was a kid, one of my friends had a cooking class birthday party. They gave us little aprons and hats and we made bananas foster. They even gave us rum and taught us how to flambe! Thinking back, that probably wasn’t the safest thing for a group of 9 year olds. It was so much fun except my partner and I couldn’t get ours to flambe. We had to “cook off our rum” like amateurs. Even though catching your pan on fire is extremely crowd-pleasing, it’s actually not necessary, and either way you’re going to end up with a super delicious finished product. We’re not going to flambe today either because I’m actually substituting the rum with cannabis.
Cannabis Bananas Foster
- Stove top
- 4 bananas cut in quarters
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cannabis butter
- In skillet over medium heat, melt both butters.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until sugar completely dissolves.
- Add bananas and walnuts until bananas soften and begin to brown.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream.