Okay, so I always buy the big tub of ricotta cheese because it’s technically cheaper, but then I always have ricotta cheese leftover. What do I do with it?
I’m glad you asked! Ricotta cheese is amazing because you can use it in both sweet and savory dishes. You all know I love my sweet, so this sweet ricotta dip was born. It started with just ricotta mixed with a little honey, but I’ve added a little some vanilla extract for extra flavor, ground cinnamon for a little spice, orange zest to brighten it up a bit, and cream cheese because I had some extra and cream cheese is the best thing ever. It also felt weird posting a 2-ingredient recipe. Anyway, it’s great with some fresh fruit for a healthy treat. I like apple slices, strawberries, and blueberries. HOWEVER, I’m not going to not tell you to add chocolate chips and dip with graham crackers.
Sidenote: A little ricotta smeared on top of a toasted baguette with a few roasted grapes and a drizzle of honey is one of my all time favorite appetizers / not so sweet desserts.
Sweet Ricotta Cheese Dip
- Stand or hand mixer
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese at room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip the ricotta and cream cheese together until smooth in consistency.
- Mix in the rest of th ingredients. That's it. How easy was that?