I love carrot cake, and turning it into cookie sandwiches makes it extra fun to eat! Don’t forget about the cream cheese frosting. There’s never enough cream cheese frosting!
Cannabis Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
- Stand or hand mixer
For the cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cannabis butter softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots Squeeze with cheesecloth or pat with paper towels to get rid of some of the moisture
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
For the cream cheese filling
- 1 (8 opackage of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 sticunsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butters and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Fold in the grated carrots, raisins, and shredded coconut.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop tablespoon portions of batter onto your prepared baking sheets, about one inch apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly golden around the edges. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and let the cookies cool for 1 minute, then move the cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with the powdered sugar and vanilla until creamy and lump-free.
- Match the cookies based on size and shape and fill with cream cheese frosting using your cookie scoop or a piping bag.
- Store in the fridge and let them come to room temperature before serving.