I LOVE when I can indulge without feeling guilty. That’s where these delicious Pumpkin Muffins come in! They have greek yogurt instead of butter or oil and the added oats will keep you full for hours. Use sugar free chocolate chips or omit them altogether, and this recipe would also have no artificial sweeteners!
Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Muffins
- Muffin tin
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips optional, but not really
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the oats until mostly smooth. I like to keep some larger pieces to add texture to the finished muffin.
- Add the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to the food processor with the oats and pulse until mixed (some pieces of oats may remain).
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, greek yogurt, and eggs until well combined. Add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips using.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Best served warm. See melty chocolate chip pictures above.