It’s starting to feel like summer here in Los Angeles, so I’m in the mood for something fruity and light! Adding cream cheese and fresh strawberries to these cookies makes them so fresh and absolutely addicting. Plus, I always love baking with fresh fruit because I can convince myself that these cookies are actually healthy. I don’t know how your quarantine is going, but it seems like all we’ve been doing is cooking and eating!
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Baking sheet
- Stand or hand mixer
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened – I recommend 7 tablespoons regular butter and 1 tablespoon cannabis butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butters, and sugars until light in color. Add egg and vanilla extract, and continue beating until creamy.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and beat until just combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in sliced strawberries.
- Drop cookie dough in 1.5 tablespoon portions on the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are golden brown around the edges.