Can you believe Derek actually said this recipe tastes BETTER than regular pecan pie. This gluten/dairy/sugar-free recipe made with monk fruit sweetener is BETTER than regular pecan pie! Mind you, I did grow up with Goode Company’s Brazos Bottom Pecan Pie which has been one of Oprah’s Favorite Things, so I know what good pecan pie tastes like. While I do still miss a buttery, flaky crust, I don’t have to feel guilty about eating 3 of these in one sitting.
Gluten & Dairy-Free No Crust Mini Pecan Pies
- Muffin tin
- Double boiler
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a muffin pan with silicone baking cups, or well-greased paper baking cups. Distribute the chopped pecans equally into the baking cups. Set aside.
- Using a large heat-proof bowl, combine the coconut oil, monkfruit sweetener and salt. Beat in the eggs, then the maple syrup.
- Place the bowl over a pot with about an inch of simmering water and stir until the mixture is shiny and all of the monkfruit sweetener has dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in bourbon and vanilla.
- Distribute the pie filling equally into the baking cups over the pecans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pie filling is set, but still soft to the touch, and the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, at least 4 hours. Serve warm or at room temperature.