Since we couldn’t decide what to make this week, I basically came up with a recipe that used all of the same ingredients as last week’s Dark Chocolate Espresso Cookies. Lazy? Or ingenious? These muffins actually turned out great, and because they’re muffins, I can eat them for breakfast! Lazy? or ingenious?
Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Muffin tin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted (I substituted 1 tablespoon of cannabis coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400°F and line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, coconut oils, coffee and egg. Whisk in milk and then stir in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.