I always forget how good Rice Krispie treats are. I hadn’t had them in YEARS before making this recipe, and now they’re on regular rotation. They’re so quick and easy to whip together and perfect for when you want something sweet but don’t want to “make” anything. I always melt my marshmallows on the stove, but you could even use the microwave for Pete’s sake! For St. Patrick’s Day, I’ve jazzed up the old classic with loads of Lucky Charms marshmallows and a hint of food coloring, but I’m already thinking about how else I can customize this sweet treat!
Lucky Charms Cannabis Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 cup Lucky Charms Cereal
- 2 cups Lucky Charms marshmallows divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cannabis butter
- 10 oz. package of miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon green food coloring optional
- Grease a 9×13-inch pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Rice Krispies Cereal, Lucky Charms Cereal, and 1 cup of Lucky Charms marshmallows.
- Melt the cannabis butter and regular in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in the green food coloring.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir until cereal is evenly coated.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared pan and press into an even layer.
- Allow to set at room temperature until firm, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Cut into 12 equal pieces and enjoy!