These chocolate-y cupcakes have just a hint of Bailey’s Irish Cream in the batter and frosting making them perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! I added green food coloring to the frosting and decorated with green sprinkles for a little extra luck.
Irish Cream Cannabis Cupcakes
- Muffin tin
- Stand or hand mixer
For the batter
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cannabis butter softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- ½ cup hot water
For the frosting
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cannabis butter, unsalted butter, and granulated sugar until fluffy and light yellow.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, then the apple sauce, vanilla extract, and Bailey's Irish Cream.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Then, stir in the hot water, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners and fill each cup 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the frosting
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy, then gradually mix in powdered sugar.
- Add the Bailey's Irish Cream and salt and mix until well combined.
- Wait for the cupcakes to cool completely and frost with a piping bag or offset spatula. Decorate as desired.