May 2 is National Truffle Day, so I celebrated by making infused chocolate truffles on the channel. They’re one of the easiest things you can make, and playing with your food is always fun. Trust me, you will get messy making these.
Infused Chocolate Truffles
- Heat proof bowl
- 8 oz. good quality chocolate very finely chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cannabis butter softened
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1-2 tablespoons your favorite liqueur
- Toppings: unsweetened cocoa powder sprinkles, crushed nuts, melted or tempered chocolate
- Place the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the heavy cream in the microwave for 45-60 seconds until it's hot to the touch.
- Add the cannabis butter to the chocolate and pour the heavy cream evenly on top. Let the warm cream and chocolate sit for 5 minutes and stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Add the vanilla extract or liqueur and mix until combined. Cover with a clean dish cloth and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Scoop the chilled truffle mixture into 1 tablespoon-sized mounds and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into toppings, and serve. They're great at room temperature, straight from the fridge, or even out of the freezer!
- Store truffles in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.