Last week’s recipe was DELICIOUS, but I definitely need to get back on the healthy-eating train. This week’s recipe has no gluten, dairy, or refined sugar! And because Pi Day (March 14) is coming up, we’re obviously going to make pie. I should have doubled the recipe, because Derek an I ate 6 in one sitting! Well, he ate 4 and I ate 2. They’re mini, okay?!
Healthy Mini Apple Pies
- Muffin tin
For the crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
For the filling:
- 2 cups apples thinly sliced or diced very small
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 325°F and prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners or by greasing.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Make a small well in the dry ingredients and combine the egg, honey, and coconut oil.
- Combine the wet ingredients and almond flour mixture and and divide evenly among the muffin cups, about 1 heaping tablespoon.
- Press the dough into the bottom of muffin tin being sure you create a large dent in the middle.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan on medium-low melt the coconut oil and stir in the apples, monkfruit sweetener, and spices.
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes or until just softened. Remove from heat.
- Divide apple pie filling among the crust cups.
- Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream or enjoy as is!