I love s’mores! I’ve been so into my cinnamon-sugar kick that I almost forgot how much I love s’mores! I love them so much that I’ve already made a few s’mores-related recipes like Marshmallow Stuffed S’mores Cookies and Cannabis Infused S’mores Cookie Bars. When our friends were planning a bonfire for this weekend, I knew I had to make some awesome cookies to make s’mores with. (I’ve also been on this cookie kick). Therefore, these graham cracker chocolate chip cookies were born. Two thin little cookies just waiting to hug a toasted marshmallow. Here’s where the story has taken a huge turn. The bonfire has been cancelled! It’s okay though because these cookies are also great by themselves. The only thing I would change is making them bigger since they were designed to eat two at a time. Live and learn.
Yes, these cookies are delicious by themselves, but I still felt like something was missing. I did end up modifying this recipe so it would be better suited for marshmallow-less eating. See the recipe notes below…
Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baking sheet
- Small cookie scoop
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil and sugars until combined.
- Beat in the vanilla and egg until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until just combined.
- If the dough is too dry, add up to 1 tablespoon of milk. The dough should be the consistency of peanut butter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1.5 T cookie scoop, drop balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet spaced 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- The center of the cookies may look slightly underdone, but should set up nicely as they cool.
- 1 cup brown sugar instead of brown sugar and monkfruit sweetener
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup flour
- Omit milk