I’m still trying my darndest to eat relatively healthy no matter how many times Derek suggests eating chocolate chips straight out of the bag. Cinnamon bread, cinnamon rolls, basically anything with cinnamon and sugar might be my greatest weakness. At least this cinnamon swirl bread has zucchini and uses monkfruit sweetener instead of granulated sugar in the bread! Golden monkfruit sweetener is also available to substitute for brown sugar, but our local store doesn’t sell it. Womp womp.
Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bread
- Mini loaf pan
For the bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup almond milk room temperature
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cups shredded zucchini room temperature
For the cinnamon swirl:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line mini loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, milk and coconut oil. Then, fold in the zucchini.
- In a separate, small bowl, combine cinnamon swirl ingredients until fully blended. Set aside.
- Pour half the batter evenly into the greased pans. Then add half the cinnamon swirl. Top with remaining batter, and then the remaining cinnamon swirl.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan, transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- For glaze, whisk together powdered sugar with milk, cinnamon, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over bread. Enjoy!