Spring is here, so this week we’re making some light and fresh cannabis lemon bars! There’s a special place in my heart for lemon desserts. Something about the combination of tart lemon flavors plus sugary sweet batter or dough makes my taste buds sing. Lemon bars, I love you!
Cannabis Lemon Bars
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon cannabis butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the lemon filling:
- Zest of one large lemon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line the bottom of an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper.
- For the crust, mix together melted butter and cannabis butter and sugar. Add the flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- For the lemon filling, mix the lemon zest and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, flour, and baking powder. Then, mix in the eggs. Pour lemon mixture over the crust.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the filling has set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.