I’ve always loved chai tea, but that just shows how naive I am. The word “chai” actually means tea, so “chai tea” just means “tea tea.” How silly is that? Luckily, my good friend Anisha taught me how to make real, authentic chai, and it’s so delicious. We didn’t add cannabis this time, but you can easily make your tea infused by adding cannabis infused milk, or some pre-made canna-butter or coconut oil.
Cannabis Masala Chai
- Stove top
- 4 cups water
- 4 green cardamom pods
- ½ teaspoon black cardamom powder or 1 black cardamom pod
- 2 whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger root peeled and sliced
- 2 black tea bags
- ½ cup milk dairy or non-dairy
- 2 teaspoons honey or other sweetener
- Bring the water to boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the cardamom pods, cardamom powder, cloves, fennel seeds, cinnamon, ginger, and black tea.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the milk and bring back to a boil.
- Add the honey, mix well, and strain.